There are ways on how one can continue with his or her studies even with financial struggles or difficulties. One is applying for a scholarship offered by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).

CHED’s many goals include providing poor and deserving Filipino students opportunities for quality higher education with the establishment of scholarships, grants-in-aid and loan programs.

If you are interested to continue with your studies but in dire need of assistance, you can check out how to avail the program below.


  • Filipino Citizen
  • High school graduate, candidate for graduation, with earned units in college, passer of ALS/PEPT
  • Parents/guardians must have a combined annual gross income not exceeding Php 300, 000
  • -Avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program
  • -Have not yet graduated of any degree program

Note: For a Full CHED Scholarship, the student should have a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent. For a Partial Scholarship, GWA of at least 85% or its equivalent is required.


For Incoming Freshmen

  • High school graduates need to submit their Fourth Year Report Card (Form 138)
  • Fourth year high school applicants should submit their Third Year Grades and first three grading periods of Fourth Year

For Applicants with Earned Units in College

  • Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters

For Other Applicants

  • ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
  • PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level

Other Requirements

  • Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended

Any one of the following documents;

  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian,
  • Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR),
  • Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay,
  • Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or Affidavit of No Income
  • For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.

READ: Scholarship for Teachers

If you are eligible to apply for the CHED scholarship, simply fill out the CHED Student Financial Assistance Programs StuFAPs application form from CHED offices. Submit the form along with the required documents to the CHED Regional Offices.

You will be contacted by CHED through email/mobile regarding the status of your application. CHED official website

READ: List of Universities and Colleges with FREE tuition starting 2017