CHED Chairperson Patricia Licuanan mentioned that students who were not able to graduate from college or be enrolled in college by June 2017 “may still enroll in their preferred higher education program beyond school year 2017-2018 but they need to FULFILL the admission requirements of colleges and universities they intend to study in.”

Guys we have updated the article as per correction, You can still enroll in your preferred college year but universities and colleges may require you to fulfill their admission requirements. You may also be required to take bridging programs or additional subjects in line with the competencies required in the new curriculum. Sources below the post.

Now is the best time to make that plans to get back to college a reality. If not, you would be faced with the consequence of having to go back to high school.

The recent changes in the Philippines Educational system do not only affect those who are currently studying, but also those who have already graduated high school yet have not yet earned their degree.

According to the recently released guide from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), those who graduated high school before 2016 and have enrolled in college, but stopped for whatever reason would be required to take the Lifelong Learner Track.

The Lifelong Learner Track is a program to transition students who graduated under the old curriculum to fit in the standards of the K-12 program. Basically, it is like going back to Senior High School.

Here’s a clearer visual guide from CHEDThose not Enrolled and Undergraduates, You're Going Back To High School by 2018

In order to avoid going through this program, you should graduate or at least be enrolled in College on or before 2018.

There are plenty of reasons why many have failed to continue on with college. You may also find it hard to balance you schedule since you are already working. However, there are ways in which you can earn your degree without compromising your working hours.

One is the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP).  If you have already been working for at least five years, you may enroll under this program and acquire your Bachelor’s degree in as fast as one year or even less. You would only be required to attend schooling on Saturdays or Sundays or even pass requirements online. You only need to get enroll in a course that is relevant to your work experience.

Likewise, if you are handling a managerial position, you may opt for a Non-traditional program like (ETEEAP). Your boss should write a recommendation letter citing your excellent work performance.

Meanwhile, some universities offer courses online. You can earn your degree at the comfort of your home and at the time you are available. The University of the Philippines is one of those which offer courses online.

Now is the perfect time to achieve that diploma. As they say, ‘If there’s a will, there’s a way.’

SOURCE: Inquirer, CHED Memo

READ: 2017 List of Universities and Colleges with FREE tuition Fee