Under the Republic Act No. 7836, as amended by RA 9293. The teachers in the Philippines should follow the requirements and qualifications for applying the Professional Board Examination for Teachers.
Requirements for Teachers in Elementary and Secondary
- Original and photo copies of Birth Certificate NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- Original and photo copies of NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- (Original and photo copies of Transcript of Records with Special Order, Date of Graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks ” For Board examination Purposes Only”
- Four (4) passport size colored pictures with complete name printed
- Metered Documentary Stamps
- Community Tax Certificate / Cedula
- First Timer & Repeater) Payment: P900.00
Qualifications for Teachers in Elementary and Secondary
- A citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines
- At least eighteen (18) years old
- Of good moral character and good reputation with high moral values; has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral turpitude
- A bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent; must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education.
Read: Compliance with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Units