According to Department of Education Memorandum No. 227, series of 2012, all permanent employees, including teachers should register a DepEd email account and use it for official correspondence. A DepEd employee can keep a personal email, but should strictly one’s official DepEd email account for work-related communications for security reasons.
If you are having a hard time setting up your account, or have forgotten your password, here is an easy tutorial for you.
How to Make a DepEd Email Account:
- Visit the website depedverify.appspot.com.
- Make sure you have the following details for the verification of your account.
-Tax Identification Number (TIN) number
-Region, Division Name/Regional Office and Name of School
- Fill in the necessary details. Your DepEd Email address should be following this format.
Name: Maria Luisa Dela Cruz
DepEd Email: [email protected]
- Once registration is approved, you will receive a verification message on your personal email that you provided during registration.
- Click the link to retrieve your temporary password, and to set your new password.
If you could not access your account because you forgot your password, simply follow the steps below;
- Go to depedverify.appspot.com and click on the link “I have my DepEd email but forgot my password.”
- Fill in the required details. When all the required information is entered, click on the “Request Password Reset.”
- Check if you entered the correct information. If you have some corrections, simply click “Cancel” to go back to the previous page. If all are correct, click “Submit”.
- Wait for the Verification Officer to process your request. Once your request for password reset is approved, you will receive an email on your personal email address. The email will contain your temporary password, use it to login to your account.
- When you login to your account using the temporary email address, you will be prompted to change your password.