In this year’s summer job employment program of the Department of Education, students in senior high school are now allowed to apply.
According to Dr.Juan Araojo, OIC of Youth Formation Division, this year’s Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) are allowing students aged 15 years old and above to join. Prior to this order, the minimum age was 18 years old. He added that the move was to accommodate students who are in Senior High School.
Students who would be part of the program will be employed at DepEd for 40 working days under YFD’s supervision. The application for SPES began on the last week of February and would continue until March 27.
Interested applicants should meet the following qualifications;
- Student/out-of-school-youth at least 15 years old but not more than 24 years old
- Must be enrolled this school year or must have the intention to enroll next school year
- Combined annual income of both parents, including his/her income if any, must not exceed Php143,000
- Must have obtained at least an average passing grade during the last school year/term attended
- Must possess office skills such as knowledge in computer applications
If a student met the above qualifications, he/she may apply for the program by accomplishing the following requirements;
- SPES Application Form (Download Here)
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return of parents or certification issued by BIR that parents are exempted from payment of tax, or Original Certificate of Indigence or Original Certificate of Low Income issued by the barangay
The requirements may then be submitted enclosed in a brown envelope to the Office of the Youth Formation Division, 3rd Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City; or scan and send their application and requirements via email to [email protected]. Documents should be zipped and renamed SPES2017.